Reopening Texas Amid COVID-19
Firstly, we want to thank all healthcare workers for continuing to provide care for patients throughout this unprecedented time. We are happy to serve you and your patients. The COVID-19 pandemic has undoubtedly been a challenge for the healthcare community and general population as a whole, and will continue to be moving forward even as things begin to reopen.
As Texas slowly returns to some semblance of normal based on Governor Abbott’s latest executive orders, we want to make a few assurances to you regarding our policies at Prime:
- COVID 19 Symptoms – We are not currently accepting any patients who are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or who have recently tested positive for the disease.
- Continue Heightened Patient Screening & Social Distancing – This virus will not be fully eradicated for some time, and for now we feel it is important to continue our advanced patient screening for symptoms.
- All patients will continue to have their temperature taken upon arrival. Those with a fever above 100.4 degree will be rescheduled and advised to seek medical care for their symptoms.
- Should a patient register a temperature above 100.4 degrees, they will be instructed to consult with their Primary Care Physician, and we will work to reschedule.
- Patients displaying COVID-19 related symptoms such as cough or shortness of breath will be masked/gloved, seated in a separate waiting area, and treated with utmost precaution.
- These continued measures will help us ensure patient safety and ease concerns.
- Electronic Patient Forms – Whenever possible, we are encouraging patients to fill out their paperwork electronically to avoid hands-on contact with shared office supplies such as clipboards, pens, and papers. Patient forms may be found here.
- Increased Sanitation & Employee Screening – Prime has increased sanitation standards and been screening our employees prior to their scheduled shifts every day. We assure you that these practices will continue moving forward to protect not only your patients, but our employees as well.
Please be aware that as of May 4th every Prime department will be functioning per usual, and our full service offering will be available for scheduling. Our business hours will continue to be adjusted as needed to accommodate all incoming referrals and patients.
If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to contact us at 214-341-8770. We are extremely grateful to serve Doctors and patients during this time and to provide as much support as possible in the healthcare community.
Prime Diagnostic Imaging